Last week I shared the memories of my great-grandmother, Anna Pavlovna Voronov, of the day Tsar Alexander II was assassinated. This week I share her next diary entries. The day after the assassination, Anna’s father went to pay his respects to the dead Emperor. Anna tried to visit the scene
- Knowing your place: the boundaries around relationships in pre-Revolutionary Russia
- Searching for an April birth month and finding more questions
- Ella – elegant, enchanting and somewhat elusive – was she also evasive?
- What’s in a Name? Was I named in memory of the Empress?
- The Tsar is buried… the Emperor is no more…